In November of 2018 at the onset of the devastating Woolsey Fire in Southern California and the Camp Fire in Northern California, the Thrive Causemetics leadership team was moved to action and immediately sought ways to make a meaningful and supportive contribution to the relief efforts.
We changed our giving statement in order to be able to make a monetary donation in addition to Thrive Causemetics products. This allowed us to contribute in a way that would be the most meaningful for the victims of the Woolsey Fire in Southern California and the Camp Fire in Northern California. We committed to donating 100% of our profits from November 14, 2018 to wildfire relief efforts, which was the start of our Donation Days!
Through our Donation Days, we have also given:
- 100% of profits of our Buildable Blur CC Cream to She’s The First, an organization that supports women’s education
- $130,000 to our Giving Partner Keep a Breast for the redesign of their app for regular self-checks and breast health
- Over $130,00 in funds to Meals on Wheels throughout two donation days in 2020 + 2022!
- 100% of profits to organizations Feeding America and Baby2Baby, as part of a $1M Thrive Causemetics pledge for COVID relief: $650k of product was donated to Frontline workers + $350k in funds!
- $115,000 to 23 charitable 501(c)(3) organizations nominated by Team Thrive Causemetics and our Thrive Causemetics community in celebration of Juneteenth on June 19, 2021
- 100% of profits of our Moisture-Enriched Hand Sanitizer donated to our Giving Partner, Black Women’s Health Imperative
This change in our giving mission statement also promoted our switch to responsive giving. Responsive Giving means that we listen to nonprofits and contribute in ways that best address their needs. This allows us to support a wide range of partners in ways that will help them the most! When you purchase a product, our partner nonprofits will either receive that exact same product, another Thrive Causemetics product they need more or a monetary donation. It also allows us to donate to certain causes in times of crisis, like when we chose to donate to Meals on Wheels, Baby2Baby and Feeding America to help provide resources to those who needed extra support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thanks to our incredible Thrive Causemetics community, we have also donated a $100,000 endowment for the Breonna Taylor Memorial Endowment in Nursing at the University of Louisville (UofL) to help support young women on their educational journey to becoming nurses. This endowment and scholarship supports students from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds, including underrepresented minorities, low-income, and first-generation college students. In choosing the recipient for the scholarship, preference is granted to a Black female who is a Kentucky resident as was Breonna Taylor. We are overwhelmed by the power of community and giving and are incredibly privileged to be able to make such meaningful contributions on behalf of our Thrive Causemetics community!
To see some of the amazing organizations we've donated to, please check out our How We Give page on our website here. Since our founding, we have donated over $125M and our giving would not be possible without customers like you. Thanks to YOU, we're bigger than beauty!